Every day all over the world many punters try their luck at winning the jackpot of a slot machine at sites such as Wizardslots. Some walk away with nothing, others gain a few extra pounds in their pocket, and the lucky ones earn enough to change their life. And over the past 20 years, some people have struck the jackpot! You may be surprised to hear this, but the biggest slot winners out there have been known to win as much as lottery winners.
When it comes to gambling, slot machines are a popular choice because they’re easy to play and are usually pretty low stakes. This low-risk style of gambling is great for those who want the thrill and chance of winning money without the need to understand strategic betting games like poker for instance. What has become popular over the years is the introduction of progressive jackpots. A progressive jackpot works by increasing in value every time a slot game is played, but if nobody is a winner, a fraction of the money is held back from each spin. Many machines in progressive jackpots are linked together with other machines which add to the overall total. Eventually, when a winner gets the jackpot the winning prize is often insanely big!
One type of progressive jackpot machine known for its good payouts is the Megabucks slot machine chain which are spread state-wide throughout the US, Nevada. These Megabucks Machines are incredibly popular around Nevada with their jackpots averaging around $10 million, and on one occasion the Megabucks at Caesars Palace has been known to pay out $21 Million from a $10 spin. In this list we’ll be covering the top five biggest slot winners in history, it does include a lot of Megabucks winners, but there are other slots to win on too!
5) Starting low number we have Elmer Sherwin who won $4.6 million in 1989 playing a Megabucks. Fortunately, his luck didn’t end there, and Elmer also won £21.1 million in 2005.
4) Coming in at number 4 is the anonymous Australian who managed to bag themselves $10.4 million Australian Dollars on a Dark Knight Slot.
3) Back in 2015 one very lucky British man, Jon Heywood managed to break the Guinness World Record for the largest amount of money won through an online slot machine. Heywood was playing on the Mega Moolah Slot when he won a whopping £13.2 million.
2) One of the highest slot wins in history was cocktail waitress, Cynthia Jay Brennan’s who won in 2000. One night in Las Vegas she thought she’d give a Megabucks jackpot slot machine a go and managed to walk away with $34,959,458.56!
1) Finally, the number one winner of the biggest slot machine payout was a software engineer from LA in 2013. This man bet £100 on a Megabucks and managed to win $39.7 million – the largest payout in Vegas history. The anonymous man was also smart and arranged for his winnings to be paid out in 25 annual instalments of $1.5 million each year.
For more lifestyle tips from Pacific Voyagers, check out some of our other articles here!