Kuwait is a well-known Middle East destination that is not just colorful and cosmopolitan but also unique as it is deep-rooted in ancient culture. Explore this extraordinary country with a deep-rooted history and discover its many unusual attractions. All you need to do is start looking for affordable flights to Kuwait and get ready to embark on a journey like never before.
The best time to visit Kuwait is during the winter months between December and March. Kuwait airways always have some amazing deals and promotions offered during the peak reason for the tourists.
Here are some of the top but unusual attractions to explore in Kuwait.
- Mulla Ridge – Visit the highest point in Kuwait, the Multa Ridge which is an ideal spot for camping, mountain biking, and hiking. You cannot but help marvel at the geological features of the natural rocks in the hard-packed ground. This is the only hilly desert terrain in Kuwait, and from here you can enjoy a great view of the Kuwait Bay
- Ice Skating Rink – A perfect respite from the heat lies within the Ice-Skating Rink, which is a popular adventurous spot not just for families but for each and every tourist. Located in Kuwait City, there are two rinks, one for the adults and the other for the kids. Do not worry if you have never skated before, as there are support frames for beginners.
- Sadu House Textile Art Museum – The Sadu House is an exceptional museum where one can learn about the Bedouin art of weaving and the different crafts styles and their history too. Today, the museum, which was an old Kuwaiti house previously, has been converted into a cultural center.
- Souq Al-Mubarakiya – Spend some time in the traditional and oldest markets of Kuwait and bargain to your heart’s content. One can easily spend some hours here and uncover the wonders of local handicrafts and artifacts. You can shop for and authentic Arab antiques as well as traditional costumes silk carpets.
- Desert Safari – Desert Safari should be on your bucket list when on a trip to Kuwait. Choose a good company that promises you a good experience, including food and transportation. Enjoy different activities like dune bashing and quad-biking, along with visiting Kuwait’s famous oil fields.
- Scuba Diving in Kobar Island – Kobar Island along the coastline of Kuwait is one of the most popular among tourists because of scuba diving. It is hard to resist the stunning seascapes and crystal-clear water along the miles and miles of coastline stretches. The island boasts of some of the most popular dive spots where one can explore the wonders of marine life brimming with stingrays, fish, and corals.
- Failaka Island – Take a day trip to the Kuwaiti island of Failaka, which is known to be the longest incessantly inhabited location of the country. Failaka island was settled by the Mesopotamians around 2000 BC. However, the residents to the mainland were forced to flee during the Gulf War, and those old homes and buildings continue to remain empty and decay after the devastation of the war.