Moving places is a stressful and long process. Continue reading to avoid the common mistakes made while moving and make your journey smooth. At times, these mistakes can cost you a lot and waste a lot of your time as well. We can avoid most of these mistakes by following a strategy and being prepared. Here are the seven mistakes to watch out for and avoid during your moving day.
Not making the plan in advance.
Planning and organizing will never turn out badly. It’s good to work out a plan for your moving day beforehand. Planning things will give an approximate sketch for how you need to do things when the day hits. Without a plan, you will end up doing your packing, loading, and every detailed job in a rush at the last minute, which can be a disaster.
- Start your planning ahead of time without procrastinating
- Make a plan for what to pack and declutter daily
- Classify your to-do’s and plan to pack small portions every day
- Always stick to your plan.
- Ask for help when you’re in need.
Not recruiting a moving organization when you need assistance.
Doing your packing and moving on your own may not work in all situations. Employing an expert moving group will help you in multiple ways. Even if you have friends or family to help you move, you need more time and manpower to shift things. Recruiting some movers for the day is a smart thought when you have a lot of things to pack and move.
- Do some research and select the right team according to your budget.
- Make sure the company you chose is professional and authorized.
- Always trust specialists like Platinum Removals, who have a proven track record of delivering with utmost sincerity and respect for even the most fragile objects you have.
Neglecting to label your boxes
Labelling your boxes may seem like extra work while packing, but it’s going to save more time during unpacking and reduces some stress. Thanks to labelling, you know exactly where to find what.
- Get some boxes and a marker.
- Classify things as per their utility. For example, books, utensils, etc.; and start loading them in separate boxes.
- Label those boxes as per the room those items belong to or the utility.
- Rearrange the boxes in the moving truck as per the items’ fragility or their need. The items you would need to unpack first need to be in the first box. The more fragile items need to be packed accordingly.
Do you have a fridge to move or perhaps an exotic showpiece worth $1000? We don’t want to damage or lose these goodies on D-Day. However, mistakes happen, and with the most chances of things going wrong in a hurry, it makes sense to prepare with the best insurance out there. Your insurance would safeguard you against losses that may be caused by rash handling or panic. However, buying insufficient coverage from a non-competent provider to save a little is the biggest mistake you could make!
- You can talk with your moving company about the insurance choices they suggest.
- Mostly, your moving company wouldn’t cover all the damage; in this case, you can also approach an insurance company.
- Before you finalize on the insurance, read their product description, reviews, wordings, terms, etc.
- Learn the steps of their claim process.
Hiring a bad moving company
Amateur moving companies can make your moving day a total mess.
- Put some effort into locating the right group of movers
- Consider their google reviews.
- Ask for suggestions from your neighbours or friends who may have used the services of professional movers and packers.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.